Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Trip to Boston

Grant Regillo
D Block
Mr. O’Brien
October 23, 2013
Birthday in Boston

            On September 27th of this year (my birthday) I was flying up to Boston for family weekend at Boston College. I was not thrilled to be flying to Boston on my birthday but I had no choice.  We arrived in Boston to postcard weather and sunshine. The agenda for the day had been set for weeks, visit my sister at Boston College, walk around the campus, go into the ice rink and walk around and then have dinner. The scheduled aspect to the day went according to plan, Boston College was delightful, the ice hockey rink was simply not fair and the dinner was divine. My neighbor for the past seven years’, Colin Reder, sister also attends Boston College so we were flirting with the possibility of going back to Boston College with our sisters for the night but decided against it. At that point the Reder and Regillo parents met somewhere in Boston, Colin returned to his hotel and I returned to my hotel; an oddly lit and decorated hotel called Nine Zero. I walked through the lobby to the elevators and proceeded to the fourth floor where room 402 awaited. I exited the elevator and strutted to room 402 only to be rendered with a card that did not open my door.  I texted my mom to make sure I was not attempting to break into a neighbors room, then strutted back to the elevator, down to the lobby and over to the front desk. At this point, the clock was approaching midnight and the lobby consisted of a woman with 2 small dogs checking into her room and me, waiting in line. As I stood in line, thinking I maybe had made the wrong choice in passing on returning to Boston College, 3 men glided through the revolving door.  While dressed in the most non-descript clothing imaginable, the recognizable nature to one of the three men was undeniable. The three men physically resembled the papa bear, mama bear, baby bear dynamic but the “mama bear” of the crew was famous. My fascination with the one famous man in particular caused me to turn to the largest man and ask, “is that…” Before I could finish my sentence I was cutoff with a shush as to prevent me from drawing attention from the one other person in the lobby and her dogs. At that moment I knew that I was standing in a hotel lobby with Tyler the Creator, a rapper whose fame varies drastically from person to person.  When I told my parents they could not have cared less while some people that I told would have killed to be in that lobby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment