Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Doc B's Fall



It was a very rainy and gloomy day, and if there is one thing everyone should know about Episcopal when it rains, is that they do an awful job wiping up the water so the floors are always very slippery. I was on my way to Anatomy and Physiology class, making sure to be careful with every step so I wouldn’t wipe out. I turned into the science hall on the second floor and continued to walk towards my classroom. I passed the science office and reached the circle in the middle of all of the classrooms. My teacher, Doctor Bethoney, was ahead of me, carrying her computer in one hand and her books in the other. Doc B walks pretty fast, so she quickly reached the classroom door and by this time I was about twenty feet behind her, when suddenly, everything went wrong.

            Doc B had her lanyard with her keys on it around her neck, and she leaned down to unlock the door while the lanyard was still on her neck, which was her first critical mistake. All of the sudden as Doc B, who must have forgotten about the dangerous combination of the slippery floors and her quick gait, tried to pull the door back after unlocking it, she completely wiped out. She threw everything; her computer crashed to the ground, her books went flying, and her key, which had still been in the door at the time of the accident, had snapped in half. There she was sprawled out on the ground, half of her key still stuck in the door, and he books were scattered all throughout the hallway.  It was most definitely one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

            As I made my way over to help her now, Mr. Hayes came out of his classroom to see a fallen and distressed Doctor Bethoney on the ground. Mr. Hayes had his typical look of “what the hell” on his face and he started laughing at Doc B as he went to help her. Of course Mr. Hayes being there made it even funnier so by this time I, and the other students who witnessed the fall, were uncontrollably laughing. Doc B realized that her key had snapped in half and that part of it was still stuck in the door. She spent the next five minutes trying to get the key out of the door but it was just impossible. Eventually she gave up and walked into the classroom, which my classmates had now all arrived to. No one in the class knew about her fall yet except for me, and I was still laughing about it. Dante asked Doc B why she looked so unsettled, and she told him not to even ask and started laughing. We then took turns trying to get the key out of the door but it wouldn’t budge. Doc B said she was pretty sure she had severely bruised her butt and she told us all the be careful with regards to the slippery floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment