Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Twilight Saga

I came to on the sidewalk with a searing pain running up my leg.   Laying on the street in a pile of my own blood,  I saw Josh being cuffed and put in an ambulance as an officer approached me.  Why couldn't we have just gone to school today?
It started with sheer boredom;  Josh and I often liked to skip school to make a little money and have some fun.  That day was no different.  We met up at the usual spot around nine in the morning and began walking and scanning the houses for easy targets.  After a few minutes we came across a row house.  The door seemed to be unlocked and as far as I could see it was empty at the moment.  It would be just like before, in and out quickly with a little cash, a few valuable goods, and hopefully no trouble.
Josh nodded to me and we approached the row house.  The door was unlocked as we suspected, and we seemed to make it in undetected.  We wandered around and eventually made it up to the second floor.
As usual, I was on lookout duty first.  This house seemed normal;  Josh found a little jewelry on the table, but nothing too special.  He took over the watch, and I headed towards the kitchen.  That is when I first noticed it: the shining black wood coffin in the living room.  I have seen some weird things in houses, but a coffin may have been the strangest.  It was closed, though, so I tried not to make too much of it.  I quickly moved away and returned to the kitchen.
I rooted through the cabinets and the pile of things on the counter for anything that I might want to take.  I found a little cash, but nothing else worth taking.  So, I took the cash and reorganized the kitchen so that it would appear undisturbed.  Without even thinking,  I slammed the pantry door shut.  Usually, I would make nothing of this.  We rob empty houses during the day, so there is rarely anyone even close that could hear us.  Unfortunately, there was someone who heard it.
I turned back find Josh and get out of here, but something stopped me dead in my tracks: a sound, the creak of wood.  I whipped my head around to see the most frightening sight that I have ever seen.  A huge man, in a black cape, rising from the black coffin in the living room.  It seemed like a dream.  I thought was hallucinating that some sort of vampire was rising from this coffin.  I blinked and realized that this was no dream.  This strange man had heard us and I had to get Josh.  
I sneaked back into the kitchen and get down.  I needed to find a way back to the foyer, where I could grab Josh and get the hell out of there.  The man was coming to the kitchen, so I stayed low, and just ran out the other side of the room.  Josh was just sitting down looking around when I came running over.
He looked up so nonchalant, and asked “What’s Up?”.
“Something is here, we need to get out of here.”
“Wait, what is here?” he said, still seeming rather calm.
Just as he said that,  the caped man turned the corner and this time he had a gun.  He stood between the door and us with a shotgun.  There was no way out, Josh and I just ran. We searched for a good exit, and immediately saw a huge window.  I don’t even know if I realized we were on the second floor at this point.  I just saw the window and jumped.  
Unfortunately,  I was a better jumper than Josh, so I overshot everything and just landed on the street.  Josh was lucky, because his shorter jump caused him to land in trees which softened his fall.  That tree did cut him up quite a bit though before he hit the ground.
Why couldn't we have just gone to school?

No comments:

Post a Comment