Monday, February 3, 2014

london landscape


The London Landscape



                  The colors pop out like lightening across the periwinkle sky. The sky is consumed with dark clouds bordered by pink linings that signal dusk. The buildings light up with artificial sunshine, attracting the eye, intriguing the pedestrian. Walking the streets I can only imagine feel like walking in a bubble. Towers loom on all sides and one can only look straight up to see the big blue ceiling while feeling encompassed by walls. These walls do not shield nor shelter the traveler. The small world inside this city is still so open and inviting to all. The walls are boarders that bring life and texture. They protect through the harsh winter season by defending against the sharp wind that pierces the skin. They provide shelter for history, art, food, shops, people. This city that is such a destination for all brings happiness and joy. My desire to visit this mysterious place filled with so many cultures and sights grows every day. Being on the same continent as the Royal Family, being able to breath the same air heightens my excitement. I can imagine stepping onto the London Eye, and as I get higher and feel the crisp air and the mist of the clouds, I will be able to see this bright and colorful city below me. Look at the tiny ants, the miniscule buildings, the blinding lights, the tips of towers and come face to face with what I thought would only ever be a dream. As I step off the Eye, feel the city back beneath my feet and sink back into becoming one with it. Feeling no longer lost in this big unknown place, but rather filled with knowledge on where I am. Standing on the street, looking as the blue waters ripple from the brisk wind, but the cold does not stop the people around. Everyone keeps walking in and out of these huge, old, intricately detailed buildings that hold such history. Some made of perfectly polished glass that you see your reflection on and feel as though you became a part of it. Others made out of carved stone, with accessories to fill space, particularly huge clocks. The bridges are the connecting force, holding this city together, bringing more people in to appreciate all of the sights and sounds. One can walk on the bridge and go to any part of the city, even with water below at one’s feet. Although this is only an imagination, the picture above promises me complete satisfaction to all that I have dreamed. 









No comments:

Post a Comment