Sunday, April 13, 2014

Nile Hardy
Mr. OBrien
British Literature
4/14/14

“I Love Nathan Lane”

Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase
It taught me to never be afraid
At a young age, I had heard this from a
Meerkat, and a Warthog

They instilled hope into my naïve 7 year old soul
To never give up on my goals
To always be myself, and not waiver to the words
Of others

But I always was fond of the meerkat, maybe because he was funny,
Or was it that he was being played by Nathan Lane
You see, I love Nathan Lane
From Lion King, to Mousehunt ,The Birdcage, or The Producers
In each one of his movies, Nathan Lane has inspired me

He has always been himself, playing wacky characters,
that display immense passion
Which at time, I feel that I lack
The energy he brings to the screen is un-parallel
Awe-inspiring in fact

Whether Mr. OBrien meant his Nathan, or another
I will not know

But one thing is for sure, “I Love Nathan Lane”  

No comments:

Post a Comment