Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Get Over It-the unprompted poem about societal norms


There are some or a lot of things you can’t just get over

There are a lot of wounds that take longer to heal

Than the standard six weeks

So why do we feel so weak

When we need to ask for help?

 

It’s because our society sticks a bandaid over addiction

To cover up the mess

And feeds a cocktail of pills to the mentally ill

So they’ll quit their whining

 

And they just “get over it”

Right?

 

But what about when that bandaid gets torn off

From being picked at too much

Or the pills don’t work the way the said

And just make you feel a different kind of crazy

 

Or even after the standard six weeks

I’m afraid of falling down again

And becoming one with the kitchen tiles

I fear my teeth falling out

Like that reoccurring nightmare that means your life is a mess

But I did my time, so I’m fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment