Tuesday, September 24, 2013

10 Ways to be the Most Popular Geat


10 Ways to be the Most Popular Geat

1.       Help out the Danes by defeating the demon that is haunting them

2.       “She greeted the Geats’ lord, God she thanked, in wisdom’s words, that her will was granted, that at last on a hero her hope could lean for comfort in terrors”

3.       Defeat a dragon and save your people

4.       Leaving treasures to your people: “Now I’ve bartered here for booty of treasure the last of my life, so look ye well to the needs of my land!”

5.       Leave your kingdom in good hands after you die

6.       Be super strong: “An ideal weapon, one that any warrior would envy, but so huge and heavy of itself only Beowulf could wield it in battle”

7.       Treat your king well: “These, King Hygelac, I am happy to present to you as gifts.”

8.       Be the best warrior: “I don’t boast when I say that neither you nor Breca were ever much celebrated for swordsmanship of for facing danger on the field of battle”

9.       Respect your family and elders

10.   Gain the respect of your people so when you die they hold an extravagant funeral

No comments:

Post a Comment